Policy key definitions:
- "I", "our", "us", or "we" refer to the business, [Business name & other trading names].
- "you", "the user" refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner's Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because:
Lawful basis: Consent/Contract
The reason we use this basis: Placing an order on this website forms a contract of sale between us and you, to fulfil our contractual obligations we require personal information to cary out this task. Consent is required (in the final stages of the checkout, to place an order.)
We process your information in the following ways: For the fulfilment of orders placed via this website & email marketing emails (for subscribed users).
Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists or a significant period of time has elapsed inline with accounts keeping legislation.Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
- You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are;
- "popup_cookie0" - Displays/hides the age verification popup. Expires after 1 days. (Essential for website access).
- "currency" - Assigns the correct currency based on your IP. Expires after 30 days. (Essential for website access).
- "language" - Assigns the correct language based on your IP. Expires after 30 days. (Essential for website access).
- "PHPSESSID" - Session data retains the contents of your cart (if not logged in) and other order process information. Expires after session.(Essential for website access).
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Transparent Privacy Explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commissions
We do not use sponsored links, affiliate tracking or commission based links and/or content. Any third party links on this website are for information only and are not monitised.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the "Processing of your personal date" above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences.
Our EMS provider is; Mailchimp. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
- Email address
- First Name
- Last Name
- IP (Collected as part of MailChimp's dataprocessing system)
Resources & further information
- Overview of the GDPR - General Data Protection
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
Privacy Notice Policy Base: v.1.0 April 2020
How to contact us
If you have any questions or complaints about how we collect, use, disclose, manage or store your personal information, or would like to request access or changes to the information we hold, please contact us in writing at:
New Yatt Business Centre
Or you can use our online contact form here.
Our data protection officer's contact details are: as above, for the attention of Josh Douglas.